we are adding to our thundering herd

we are adding to our thundering herd

Mother's Day...

Sunday, May 10, 2015



The you that you think you are
Isn't necessarily the you that you want to be. But the you that someone else wanted you to be.

My sister in law posted this phrase a few weeks ago. It made me stop and think about how God is so good the way he changes us from the inside out. He is so faithful and the decision to fall in love with Him so He could come rescue my HEART was and is the best and most amazing life changing decision I have ever ever made! What a great reminder of what God desires of us. Listen to His voice and truth. This is a simple but overwhelmingly powerful truth. It also made me stop and think about the kind of mom I want to be. Which brought to mind the mothers in my life that I admire and respect and want to emulate. 

My mother is an amazing Godly woman. She knows what it means to be the proverbs 31 woman. She sacrifices for her children, husband and for her own mother. I watch as she selflessly serves and loves people. Visiting the hurting, sick, and the elderly. She is a fierce woman with heart like HIS. She is a prayer warrior and I know has spent hours on her knees asking The Lord to intercede for her children. She feels the pains of her children and hurts along with them. I have tears running down my cheek as I am reminded of the choice my mother made to be my mom. It did not come easily at first and I was not an easy child. I came broken and had hurt and anger in my heart and had built very tall walls around it. But because of the love of my mom, I saw Jesus's love. Brick by brick she loved me through each one coming down. She loved me like my Heavenly Father did... Unconditionally. There really are no words that I could speak that could convey what my mother means to me. She is who I want to be, because she is the likeness of Christ. 

My sister in law is also a wonderful mother. She has such a sweet and calming spirit towards her children and others. She is a cheer leader and an encourager. She stands strong in her faith and integrity and is truly displaying Jesus's love. You know she is a good mom because it is so reflected in her children. They have precious hearts for The Lord and even at their young age listen and obey when God tugs at their hearts. She is organized and put together but also a hot mess that allows God to transform her. She is real and allows others to see it, it's through this authenticity that people see Jesus.  

I have to tell you about my amazing, sweet and precious Grandmother. She has such a humble spirit. Talk about a godly woman who spent hours praying over each or her children,grandchildren and great grandchildren by name. She displays God's love in a real and tangible way. You know she is listening to your every word intently. She is intentional with her words and affirmation of people. She always sees the good in you even when you don't. The way this woman has loved me is beyond measure. She's taught me the great importance in loving fully and loving gracefully. I know her Heavenly Father is pleased and she is truly highly favored. 

Heaven gained a most precious mother when God called David's Sweet mother home. Paulette told me bfore she died that she wanted to rock all the sweet babies in heaven! She was a servant through and through. Even in heaven she wanted to serve her Lord and Savior. I know she is sitting at her mansion rocking all the sweet babies. Paulette had a quiet strength and a most precious love for the Lord. She took great care of her family and set an example to each of them. She taught them by example, what it looked like to Love the Lord with all your heart soul and mind. She raised an amazing son! I will always be indebted to her for raising a strong integrity filled, and Godly man. I know David would say he is the man he is today besause of the steadfast love of his mother. I know she was so proud of him and all he accomplished. David's successes and drive to not settle came from his strong and amazing mother. She loved people unselfishly and always saw the good in people.

I am do blessed to have such amazing mothers to look up to and learn from some are older and wiser and some are younger and have wisdom beyond their years. God has blessed me with a precious sister in Christ Kristen. I love to watch her parent her sweet babies! She is teaching them to love Jesus and put others first. She teaches them real ways to show love for others. She is kind, loving and full of grace. She has been such a true encouragement to me especially in these first weeks of being a mother myself. It is such a wonderful thing to have a friend come along side you and encourage in word and in deed. 

Pam Hall another faithful and Godly woman. I would never have made it through high school with out her. She is a wonderful listener and counselor. She is wise and has this amazing discerning heart for The Lord. She has a sacrificial heart that loves with no strings attached, no judgements, no shame. She is faithful and has been such a rock in my life. I love this person so much and she has become like family to me. Again you can see she is an incredible mom in her children and grandchildren. In turn her daughter is training up her child in the way she should go. That's a legacy worth noting. 

I of course have been blessed with another mother figure in my life. Tressie you love your children wholly and realistically. You push them to know their full potential and have not allowed life's challenges to hold them back. God knew what kind of strong mother they needed. He also knew that you would need to be this for children that were not your own. Children that needed an extra push, extra love and support when others did not believe. You do it many times with little or no recognition, recognizing that it is what God has called you to do. You truly have stored up you treasure in heaven. I don't know that you will truly know the impact you have made until The Lord has called you home. You are previous to me in the way you have fervently encourage me and walked the journey to motherhood with me. I am so very thankful for you. 

Today is my first Mother's Day. Many of you know the long struggle and wait that got me here. I hated hearing oh just be patient and Gods timing is perfect... This journey has been the most fulfilling and amazing thing. God truly knows the deep desires of our hearts. Today is a day to celebrate moms but I also know the pain this day brings for many. It was not long ago that my heart ached to hear a sweet voice call me mommy. Maybe it's the pain of the wait the longing to hold that precious child of your own, the pain of losing one for different reasons, the pain of lost children you desperately want to see redeemed and to be reconciled with. You all are not forgotten your Heavenly Father hears your cries and pains! Know that you are being lifted up in prayer today! Be encouraged dear sisters!!  Your Heavenly Father longs to hold you and encourage you today! Abide in His love!!

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS・POWERED BY BLOGGER